Unofficial eMachines Forums

Discussion about eMachines Notebooks and Desktops
The time is Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: T2862 crashes while updating drivers for AC97 audio
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:26 pm 
Gold Member

Confused Sigh. I tried three times to update the driver for AC97 Audio on my T2862 and each time it crashed and rebooted. Now it has no sound and says it has no drivers. Please help.

Post subject: Re: T2862 crashes while updating drivers for AC97 audio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:45 pm 
Global Moderator

Hello there eVils bane, sorry to hear of your driver trouble. So, was your sound giving you any trouble before you tried to update the drivers? Where were you getting your drivers from? Do you know what date the newest ones are that you are trying to install? THESE are dated 10/8/07. That is the realtec, not the soundmax ones. They must give the soundmax drivers if there are boards with soundmax sound so you might want to open up your case and take a look at the sound chip to see if it says soundmax on it anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:00 pm 
Gold Member

There wasn't any problem before hand, I just was updating a few things here and there, and this was one of them. I got the drivers from realtek.com (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false)
The part that really gets me is, after it crashed the first time, i tried to roll back to the previous driver, and that's when it said I just plain don't have any.

I'll have to crack it open when I get home to see if it says Soundmax. Then depending on that result, I'll try your link. My money is on a simple fix like this. So far, problems I've had are fixed easily. If this ends up being a re-install I'm just gonna go buy a sound card instead.

Thanks inspector exacto.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:23 pm 
Gold Member

Mad Well, I couldn't find a name anywhere that said Soundmax. So I tried to install the updates for Realtek Ac97 (just for GP), and it crashed again. I attempted to install the update for soundmax and it said it couldn't fine the Audio Driver File. GRRR. So I just went and bought a sound card. I'll keep trying, but I want sound now! (spoiled bratitutde included).
Thanks for your help.

Impatiently yours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 am 
Global Moderator

According to my notes that is a Seabreeze T2, part number 314431, you have . Realtek audio with the little crab symbol on the chip.

Drivers here for similar T2896:
http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T2896

I don't see that this is anything but a software problem.

Best Regards from Steve. Jeantech Micro Titan case. Asrock G41M-LE and E5400. PowerColor HD 5770. 2X2GB DDR2-1066. Seagate 7200.10 160GB SATA HD. Optiarc IDE DVD Burner. Antec EW 380W PSU. Samsung 1440X900 WS. Windows 7 Retail 64bit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:32 pm 
Gold Member

I tried the download for the T2896 and it got further than the others, but is still didn't work.
This time at 80% it 'encountered an error and had to shutdown' (twice). I'm committed to figuring this out (with help of course), so that others can benefit from this.