Unofficial eMachines Forums

Discussion about eMachines Notebooks and Desktops
The time is Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Emachines EL1352-41w Video Card Upgrade
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:07 pm 

I recently went through a dilemma with my Mini-PC the EL1352-41w when i bought Bioshock 2 because the 6150 SE was not at all even remotely close enough to the requirements to even be able to play this game. So of course first thing i do is ask my Dad if he can find graphics cards for cheap and he asked what i wanted, so i told him "something in the 9xxx range of Nvidia" so he sent me to tigerdirect.com and i found a Sparkle SX84GS1024S3LNM GeForce 8400 GS that was really really reasonable. I mean its so cheap i was expecting less.

Well kind of a long story short, this graphics card works great...only problem i had was until i got an HD Monitor using the VGA connection is kinda hard on this one.

Sparkle makes the card so it is meant to be "VGA up top" but on the EL1352 it requires "VGA on bottom" but the cable is not long enough for it. So i do suggest ordering a DVI adapter along with your card or you wont be able to put your case cover back on lol

Post subject: Re: Emachines EL1352-41w Video Card Upgrade
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 am 

sk8 thanks for the advice. Do you think this will handle The Sniper game and some others? I am not quite following you on the VGA top / bottom thing. Are there any special requirements to install this card or is it basically plug and play? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 pm 

its basically plug and play..and all i mean with vga top bottom is that with the mini-pc you have to use a Low Profile video card which totally moves the VGA connection, but you will find that the VGA will not work because of the way the card is made so just have a VGA-DVI adapter ready

also it is 8400GE chipset and will handle most games you throw at is..of course its nothing like the new nVidia or Raedon Cards that handle directx 11 and have dual processors and 2 fans but its will handle a good bit

also has full HDMI support and will run a TV in 1080p no problem..just make sure you go to nVidia's website and get the drivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm 

did you have to upgrade your power supply at all?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm 

not at all..same little 180 watt haha

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm 

I'm going to need some help. I purchased two, from here, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 814187119.
I have a eMachines EL1352G-41w.

They just got here, I opened one and tried to install it but it doesn't fit. The case is small. I don't think it would fit if I forced it in. I would have to modify the case itself. Did this happen to you?
Because I would understand it fitting, and coming out of the case, I wouldn't mind that, but it doesn't even want to go in.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm 

Wazzzz up wrote:
I'm going to need some help. I purchased two, from here, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 814187119.
I have a eMachines EL1352G-41w.

They just got here, I opened one and tried to install it but it doesn't fit. The case is small. I don't think it would fit if I forced it in. I would have to modify the case itself. Did this happen to you?
Because I would understand it fitting, and coming out of the case, I wouldn't mind that, but it doesn't even want to go in.

I made no modifications to the case what so ever. All i did was switch the mounting plate that comes with the card. It fits very snug and the fans are right against the top of the case. I just had to work it in. Are you using the exact model i listed?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm 

sk8rgeek wrote:
I made no modifications to the case what so ever. All i did was switch the mounting plate that comes with the card. It fits very snug and the fans are right against the top of the case. I just had to work it in. Are you using the exact model i listed?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814187119
That's the graphics Card (SPARKLE SX84GS1024S3LNM GeForce 8400 GS 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card)
And I'm confused about my PC.... the case says EL1352G-41w and everytime I scan it through crucial for RAM upgrades it said, EL1352G-41w, even the box says it, I have not changed anything so it's weird, because I just scanned it with crucial and it says it's a EL1352G-01w....
Should I just try to get a refund?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 pm 

Wazzzz up wrote:
sk8rgeek wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814187119
That's the graphics Card (SPARKLE SX84GS1024S3LNM GeForce 8400 GS 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card)
And I'm confused about my PC.... the case says EL1352G-41w and everytime I scan it through crucial for RAM upgrades it said, EL1352G-41w, even the box says it, I have not changed anything so it's weird, because I just scanned it with crucial and it says it's a EL1352G-01w....
Should I just try to get a refund?