Unofficial eMachines Forums

Discussion about eMachines Notebooks and Desktops
The time is Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: igfxsrvc.exe=Intel?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:23 pm 
Gold Member

Just installed a pci card. Disabled the on board video by going into safe mode. Device manager and right clicking the display adapter and selecting disable. I have a T5026. Why would this be running in my Processes if I am not using the on board any more? It never come up until I put in a pci video card. Every time I right click some thing. That is when it starts up.

Post subject: Re: igfxsrvc.exe=Intel?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:43 pm 
Gold Member

Is the onboard set to "on" in the BIOS? Remember, Windows doesn't kick in until the system goes thorugh the startup settings of the BIOS. So even if it is set to disabled in Windows, if for whatever reason the BIOS setting is still set to onboard, it still may end up that way on the next startup.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 pm 
Gold Member

Not many video settings to choose from in BIOS. Here is how things look.

IGD DVMT MEMORY:
32 MB
64 MB
128 MB *
MAXIUM DVMT

IGD APERTURE SIZE:
128 MB
256 MB *

PRIMARY VIDEO ADAPTER:
AUTO
EXT PCIE GRAPHICS (PEG)
EXT PCI GRAPHICS *

* represents the current settings. I have not changed any thing accept primary video adapter from auto to ext pci graphics. It only becomes active as soon as I right click on my desktop.

Noobfool wrote:
Is the onboard set to "on" in the BIOS? Remember, Windows doesn't kick in until the system goes thorugh the startup settings of the BIOS. So even if it is set to disabled in Windows, if for whatever reason the BIOS setting is still set to onboard, it still may end up that way on the next startup.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:28 pm 
Gold Member

Is there a jumper or some thing on the mobo to completely disable the on board video on the T5026?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:10 pm 
Global Moderator

I have to admit, I hate these PCI graphic card discussions. So complicated, due to the dual monitor support. Evil or Very Mad

Here's the official word on installing:
http://www.dexplor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7747606

You might uninstall every video driver in sight, and shut down. Then disconnect the hard drive. Then go into the bios of what I think is a Intel 915 chipset, and set primary graphics adapter to PCI. AGP is onboard, I believe.

Then save changes and shutdown with CTRL-ALT -DEL. Then add the PCI card with power unplugged. If you can get the bios displaying on the new PCI card, shutdown and disconnect power. Reconnect hard drive and hope you just need to add the cards driver. I know that sounds very complicated.

But it might be simpler to reinstall Windows, and take it from the top. Thing is this is very difficult with eMachines restore disks. It's simpler with a retail install. With a retail install, you just omit the onboard graphics driver.

Best Regards from Steve. Jeantech Micro Titan case. Asrock G41M-LE and E5400. PowerColor HD 5770. 2X2GB DDR2-1066. Seagate 7200.10 160GB SATA HD. Optiarc IDE DVD Burner. Antec EW 380W PSU. Samsung 1440X900 WS. Windows 7 Retail 64bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:00 pm 
Gold Member

I did follow those instructions in that link. My concern was uninstalling the on board video drivers. I did not do that because the last time. It wanted the drivers. Now. I suppose. I could uninstall them and when the wizard comes up. Just hit cancel and then go in to device manager and disable the ! and that could be a possible fix?

system7 wrote:
I have to admit, I hate these PCI graphic card discussions. So complicated, due to the dual monitor support. Evil or Very Mad

Here's the official word on installing:
http://www.dexplor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7747606

You might uninstall every video driver in sight, and shut down. Then disconnect the hard drive. Then go into the bios of what I think is a Intel 915 chipset, and set primary graphics adapter to PCI. AGP is onboard, I believe.

Then save changes and shutdown with CTRL-ALT -DEL. Then add the PCI card with power unplugged. If you can get the bios displaying on the new PCI card, shutdown and disconnect power. Reconnect hard drive and hope you just need to add the cards driver. I know that sounds very complicated.

But it might be simpler to reinstall Windows, and take it from the top. Thing is this is very difficult with eMachines restore disks. It's simpler with a retail install. With a retail install, you just omit the onboard graphics driver.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:10 pm 
Global Moderator

Thing is, you know which graphics the monitor is plugged into. The bios should switch to the PCI card automatically.

But you do need to disable/uninstall onboard in some way. Problem is that Windows is dead good at reinstalling drivers unless you have physically removed them. Control panel uninstall might help if you're getting desperate. Disconnecting the hard drive will help in sorting out what the bios is doing.

On a side note, you have good possibilities of getting a new motherboard. 945 or G31 chipset onboard graphics are pretty good anyway. And then adding a PCI-Express card.

Best Regards from Steve. Jeantech Micro Titan case. Asrock G41M-LE and E5400. PowerColor HD 5770. 2X2GB DDR2-1066. Seagate 7200.10 160GB SATA HD. Optiarc IDE DVD Burner. Antec EW 380W PSU. Samsung 1440X900 WS. Windows 7 Retail 64bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 pm 
Gold Member

Thanks. I will look more into this later on. On a positive note. I just noticed my card as showing as a 9250. I sent them in a 9200. Opened up the pc again. And sure enough. Its a 9250. I did not bother checking since I thought they would send me back my fixed 9200 or another 9200. I like free upgrades!

system7 wrote:
Thing is, you know which graphics the monitor is plugged into. The bios should switch to the PCI card automatically.

But you do need to disable/uninstall onboard in some way. Problem is that Windows is dead good at reinstalling drivers unless you have physically removed them. Control panel uninstall might help if you're getting desperate. Disconnecting the hard drive will help in sorting out what the bios is doing.

On a side note, you have good possibilities of getting a new motherboard. 945 or G31 chipset onboard graphics are pretty good anyway. And then adding a PCI-Express card.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:07 am 
Gold Member

That sounds great. Hope you get the onboard vid issue resolved and enjoy that new card.